donderdag 29 oktober 2009

LA with Jose, Brice and Sara

During the two days that John taught me how to do the maintenance on the bike, Jose showed me around LA. We went to the LACMA museum close to his house. I also joined him for his Krav Maga class, where I pretended to be a potential new member to get in for free. I was sore for days after taking that class...

Here´s a picture of some lights in front of the entrance of the museum. They had put the old city lights of LA there. The museum was also quite nice but I don´t have good photos of it.

After I bought my bike and did the registration and everything, I didn´t leave yet on the California roundtrip, because Brice, a Canadian friend that I also studied with in Korea, came over for a weekend in LA! Unfortunately, Jose couldn´t join us because he had to work that weekend for a convention that took place in Anaheim. It was nice to have another full weekend in LA, because I hadn´t seen that much of it yet.. being busy with getting a bike and all. So together we did a lot of typical tourist stuff, like visiting Santa Monica beach, checking out the nightlife and going to a baseball game.

In LA, just about every person owns a car. Also, everyone goes everywhere by car, even for the shortest distances. We however, were driving around 2-up on my KLR 650. Brice is pretty big guy, so to be somewhat stable on the road Brice had to really move to the center of the bike. This was of course very awkward for both of us, and resulted in many funny looks from just about everyone else on the road. Especially during traffic light stops where we just avoided eye contact with people. Anyway, here´s some photos of the weekend. (oh, and yes Brice, I stole just about all of these from your Facebook, I forgot to take pictures most of the time :) )

Santa Monica beach:


At Santa Monica beach we also met up with Sara, another friend for sudying in Korea. Really cool to see her again as well! After eating we walked along the Santa Monica pier, some pictures:



Santa Monic boulevard is filled with houses like the ones below. Very interesting modern architecture.

Santa Monica pier at night:

Brice an I went for unlimited Korean food on of the days, we had Korean BBQ until we were completely full:)
On the last day we went to a baseball game. I didn´t know much about it but watching it is very nice. There´s not always much happening so you have enough time to chat :) Of course I had a hotdog as well, you have to do cultural things once in a while.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. man that hotdog looks like a turd

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hey Techno!
    I love your description of riding the bike with Brice! hahah..

    Kram myra

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen